Introduce yourself :
I am Ashek Alahi, an assistant teacher of English, residing in India. I have completed my Masters degree in English Language and Literature with a specialization of Phonetics, Linguistics, Indian Writing in English, Research-based Writing, Postcolonial Literature, Psychoanalysis Criticism, Deconstruction and Postmodern theory from prestigious Presidency University, Kolkata and have completed Bachelor of Education from University of Kalyani collecting rich teaching experience from there. I was a Gold Medallist for scoring highest marks in English Honours from Krishnath College, a national heritage sight in the district of Murshidabad. I have served the role of an Assistant Lecturer in the Department of English, Krishnath College, Berhampore since August, 2012 to December, 2019 and also have been engaged in as a Guest Lecturer in the Department of English, Hazi A.K.Khan College from August, 2015 to December, 2019. Currently, I am working as an Assistant Teacher of English under West Bengal Central School Service Commission.
My teaching mottoes are:
1. Develop skill in understanding and communicating in English.
2. Promote critical and creative thinking as to increase Self learning practices.
3. Encourage reading and listening practices and thereby develop confidence in writing and speaking English.
4. Assess students’ needs and respect their needs by fulfilling them – participatory teaching and learning.
My specialization lies within understanding each student, their learning capabilities, and their style of understanding and how best to increase their love of the English language. I have not only successfully prepared children into school through interview training; I have also seen the delight of parents as their child skyrocket in their English understanding. It is my passion to see students grow in confidence through their newfound joy of English studies.
To learn relentlessly and utilize my skills and abilities in a literary, creative and productive canon that offers personal and professional growth while being resourceful, innovative and flexible. I always believe that age is not the limit for learning and it is the supreme art of the teacher to awaken joy in creative expression and knowledge.
The following are highlights of my skills and accomplishments:
• Presently working at Soluadanga High School under West Bengal Central School Service Commission as an english Teacher relied upon to assess and look after 250+ students throughout the term.
• Possess an ability to communicate complex information in a way which students can easily comprehend.
• Prior experience adopting distinctive teaching methodologies, documenting all lessons, organizing healthy group discussions, and mentoring troubled students.
• Previously employed with Krishnath College where I successfully increased writing and communicating skills by 26% over six years.
My strong initiative and exceptional organizational skills, combined with my ability to work well under pressure, allow me to play a crucial role in a fast-paced teaching environment. Furthermore, with the ability to simplify lesson plans in line with specific curriculum objectives, I believe I will immediately make a noticeable impact on your school’s education standards.
Higher Secondary School English Teacher
Key Result Areas:
• Tracked progress through assessment and reporting within own teaching groups; monitored the progression of students in teaching groups. Class pass out avg. score was 94%
• Delivered engaging, coherent lectures and motivating lessons to students; utilized learning technology in the planning and delivery of lessons through adoption of videos and self evaluated the students’ class work and assignments: graded tests, essays, reports and other assignments – regularly provided students with feedback in line with assessment systems
• Participated in quality assurance programs, contributed to school meetings and weekly briefings
• Collaborated with other staff members in spreading and sharing good practices
• Encourage reading and listening practices and thereby develop confidence in writing and speaking English
• Assess students’ needs and respect their needs by fulfilling them – participatory teaching and learning
Key Result Areas:
• Designing innovative approaches in teaching methods like technology integration across the curriculum,
Experiential learning, literacy and diversity
• Providing assistance to students to develop their skills required to fortify their base in English
• Making effective use of online, audio and video resources to achieve academic aims and objectives
• Planning and implementing strategic operational plans for yielding higher growth end results
• Establishing effective classroom management practices; collaboratively working with other teaching staff to set goals, objectives and methods
• Evaluating curriculum, teaching methods & programs to determine their effectiveness and efficiency, thereby ensuring that Institute activities comply with federal, state and local regulations
• Instructing students as per curriculum, recognizing, respecting & nurturing their creative potential
• Responding to the queries in a spontaneous manner, also counselling students and grooming them to attain their goal; keeping the students up to date with curriculum changes and assessment methods
• Interacting and collaborating with students, parents, and the community to build an environment that maximizes student learning, academic performance, and social growth
My core skills are
Student Development Resource Management
Academic Performance Evaluations
English as Second Language Teaching
Bilingual in Bengali and English
Knowledge of MS Office
Subtitling- Captioning and